Old 05-24-15, 01:09 PM
motorapido

Bikes: 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour, tricked out with modern components. Shimano Alfine 11 internal gear hub. Dynamo hub. Titanium racks and bottle cages. Mercier Kilo Wide Tire dropbar singlespeed

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 1 Post
As always, FBinNY, I appreciate your thorough, logical and helpful replies. It's great having experienced forum members to assist with various issues, and I thank you. As to applying a cosmetic finish around the washer, I am afraid that I will skip that. I am a Fred, this is a Frankenbike, and it serves me as my urban transportation, grocery-getter, long-haul touring rig, and rail-trail gravel grinder. She's been my sweet angel since I bought her new in 1976 with my newspaper route money, and at this point I am not concerned with aesthetics, although I do think she is a dazzling beauty, in the manner of elderly Italian actresses who do not resort to plastic surgery, and instead continue to look stunningly beautiful, showing the history of their wonderful lives in the lines on their faces. The bike is a Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2 (Panasonic 4130 frame is all that remains original, save for the seat post bolt, which is stamped with the Schwinn S.)