View Single Post
Old 05-24-15, 07:48 PM
Paramount1973 

Bikes: Schwinn Continental, Schwinn Paramount, Schwinn High Plains, Schwinn World Sport, Trek 420, Trek 930,Trek 660, Novara X-R, Giant Iguana. Fuji Sagres mixte.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by badger_biker
This project may well be the last complete build I ever do so I tried to get it right. Other than a fat bike this off road tourer fills the last functional void in my stable. I purchased the Panasonic Pro ATB frame from fellow member cog_nate about a year and a half ago and finally got around to tackling the project.

I previously purchased a mountain bike that had the 9 speed shifters and wheels so I spread the rear triangle on the Panasonic to fit and had a pump peg and third set of bottle bosses added and then had it powder coated. I have replica decals on order as a finishing touch. I had the Blackburn silver rack from an old road bike and it was a great fit on this and I like the way it looks. However at some point I want to add fenders and the two rear stays don't have enough space for a 60cm fender so I'll probably have to replace it with a black Blackburn Expedition that I have. Most of the other components were gathered at swap meets or CL.

I took it out for a couple rides and love the ride and comfort of the Midge bars. They worked out to be a very comfortable height but I don't feel too upright. It exceeds my expectations and I can't wait to try it out with the front rack and fully loaded.

What stem are you using?