Old 05-25-15, 11:44 AM
badger_biker 

Bikes: 10 vintage touring machines

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Velocivixen
@badger_biker - the sidewall on mine says "80 psi", however because I'm light and not carrying anything I would typically run the rear around 75 & I always run the front 5 psi less, so 70 or so. Not an exact science, but I never run maximum psi & always 5 less in front. I had them on my '85 Bigfoot for awhile, then on the '88 Rockhopper. They seemed a little slow on the street, which is mostly where I rode them. They seemed good on packed dirt trails, but my experience on dirt/gravel isn't much, so I know that's not saying a lot. I sold those bikes, but I kept these tires.

They're normally around $50 per tire and I got them on sale for $25 per tire. Can't beat that, plus mine has the reflective stripe around the tire. I like that.

How do you like them so far?
Velocivixen - You must be running narrower versions. My 2" tires have nothing on the sidewall which is frustrating but online and on the label that was around the tires they recommend 45 psi and max at 58 psi. I do like them a lot. They are quiet, seem to have minimal rolling resistance yet have good traction. I like the reflective stripe also.