Old 05-26-15, 12:53 AM
FIVE ONE SIX
SpIn SpIn SuGaR!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaadster
The Turbo Cotton is, I believe, an out-of-production Specialized tire. Their new Turbo and SWorks Turbo are supposed to be pretty amazing. One of the fast kids in my club rides SWorks version and loves them.
i don't know about that as far as the Cotton's go, because they're still listed on the Specialized website for sale. i will agree that the S-Works Turbo tire with the Gripton is pretty damn good though. i use them, and while i only have about 100 miles on them, they roll great and corner even better! i went from Tubeless IRC Formula Light's (i got tired of getting 1/2 inch gashes on my tires and having to throw away $125 tires after 500 miles cause of it) to the S-Works Turbo's, and i will say they feel pretty damn close to the tubeless IRC's, and they DEFINITELY feel better than the Continental GP4000S's on my other bike. i run the 24's, which really measure 24mm, so the 24's or 26's should be fine. unlike the Continental GP4000sII 25's, which really measure 27mm and were a bit too close for comfort on my 2015 EVO...

a little fyi though, the S-Works Turbo 700x24 is back-ordered at Specialized till the end of July, so if you local LBS doesn't have them they're not going to be able to get them for at least 2 months...