Old 05-26-15, 05:08 PM
RR3
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dunbar
So you quote drum CRR to claim 3-8w advantage of latex tubes and then say we shouldn't believe drum CRR data because it's not realistic? I've seen many drum tests and have never seen anywhere close to 8w for latex tubes. Believe whatever you want but the data is very consistent in the 1-2w range across multiple roller tests. And Jan Heine noted no advantage to latex tubes in his roll down tests.

I get a kick out of people dismissing roller tests as 'unscientific' or not 'real world' enough and then waxing poetic how they just intiutively know their favorite tire is faster than the GP4000S.
Where did I quote drum data? Where did I say any test was unscientific? If you want that type of data......

Look for the article in 2006 from German Tour Magazine-their data shows that 104gr butyl tubes were 8 watts slower than latex tubes. The difference was 2-3 watts for thin butyl tubes.

Maybe you are right. I am biased. I can't stand that two GP4000S have ruptured sidewalls this year in under 100 miles of riding whereas I went over 9,000 straight miles without a single flat on the same roads riding Challenge PR, Vittoria CX Evo, and Compass EL. Booted tires don't run real well. Continental tires are harsh riding and are junk from my experience. I have 4 of these POS that will go unused, I would not even give them away.