Old 05-27-15, 08:06 AM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
I very much doubt that. I know masters non-pros that get more. For one we don't bid out for what we will get. Our team and sponsors support and I'm grateful for it, but most the funding comes from us (family) - just like soccer and volleyball and all the rest of the kids sports. HE doesn't need a Cannondale EVO, a MASI, a Venge and a Tarmac and all the kits he has, but they are a required part of being on the team. If I just sponsored him alone, I'd save money.

2015 USAC was paid $1,500 for my son to ride as a 17-18 year olds in Paris Roubaix. USAC provided meals lodging, cools kits and race fees. Second trip pay $750 then $0.
You are mixing club sponsorship with USAC sponsorship to make a point. They are completely different things. If Sho-Air wants to give their Masters bikes, so be it. Not a penny of my dues paid for it. That's completely different than development, which gets a significant portion of my dues. I understand that the bottom line doesn't matter to you, but it does to the membership at large.