Old 05-28-15, 12:22 PM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cydewaze
I love mountain biking, and I'll be getting a new rig next spring! Thanks for the pics.
I bought a new 29er a few months ago and started riding again because my 8 yr old got a mtb and wanted to ride. I forgot how much I used to love it. At 47 my old 26er seemed tiny to me. I converted it to a hybrid and kept it. The new bikes are just awesome.

Originally Posted by RJM
Sa-weet!!! Sounds like a great trip and nice shots too.

You know, I hate to say this but lately I kinda enjoy mountain biking more than roadie-ing. It is "more difficult" in a way; not uncommon to have to grind up 30+ % grades and going down is actual work too, but I can go out to the trails and just enjoy being out there and not feel like I need to bust strava segments or try and keep up with the fast dudes. I've been using the road bike for some "training" this year though, so it's not pure "do whatever I want" fun anymore.

I've learned to ride with the wife on MUPs and just go her speed and if/when a complaint comes I just have to know that we are done riding and not push her too much.
As much as I love the trails and mountains it is just easier for my to ride the road where we live. We have to drive 1 hour or more to get to anything worth riding and that just makes it a long day. Road is easy. I can leave the house and log 50-100 miles and be home early.
I did buy my wife a new mtb when I bought my new one. I thought that she would want to go and we could make it a family thing. After 1 tree strike her mtb career was over. I wish that she would have liked it but it is just not for everybody. My son says that he wants to ride road bikes as well when he gets older so that will be cool. Either way, road or mtb with him will be awesome.