Old 05-28-15, 07:03 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanescapee
Thanks to everyone who chimed in. I ended up buying the ultimate bicycle product...a bicycle. I got a pretty good deal on a Dahon at a shop in Slovenia to help me see more on my travels in Europe. Apart from that, I hope to pick up a set of pit locks if I can pass through Germany. The set I'm looking at appears to be about $50 cheaper when bought in the EU than if I were to order from the only U.S. Distributor (Peter white). Also hoping to get a nice frame lock. I had been shopping online for one several years ago but gave up on the search for whatever reason. Hopefully now that I'm here I can find a good one, get my hands on it before I buy.
Before you buy the Pitlocks, consider what happens if you lose the special key.

I use Halo XL skewers when I tour, any 5mm allen wrench will work. I assume that most thieves are opportunists and unlikely to have a 5mm wrench in their pocket. I have thick dropouts and 135mm rear spacing, thus I need the XL for extra length.