View Single Post
Old 05-28-15, 10:42 PM
happybday29475

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 different MD's opinions are identical: type 1 separated shoulder (not dislocation like I said earlier), and the prognosis is no surgery required, there will be some pain/stiffness for weeks, but subject to pain tolerability, I am able to ride immediately.

So, I rode - easily - outside tonight. There was some light pain, but mostly it was a nice evening and there was much joy. That was an awesome surprise.

The shoulder is far less tender than it was even yesterday. I may even race this weekend. The doc says there is no risk of worsening the injury through riding or even racing....unless I take an identical fall.

None of the docs were worried about the concussion. I had, for about a day, a very light headache; I didn't need aspirin for it. My being unable to remember the fall, and being a bit groggy for a half-day after, wasn't particularly alarming to them, at least after I had passed some routine brain injury testing.

It's pretty obvious that having a helmet on saved me from a far worse fate. Wear your helmets!

Thanks for the goodwill, y'all!