Theflatbarguy!

Bikes: Custom Giant Anyroad Flatbar, Custom Raw Steel Raleigh XXIX SS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the kind words guys!

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
Beautiful looking bike and just as beautiful pictures.

Once I was able to regather my senses and actually assess what changes you made, one thing that stood out as curious to me is your single crank choice of 38T.

What do you use this bike for, and don't you find that 38/11 doesn't allow you to go fast enough in quite a few scenario's?
This is my everyday bike. It's used mostly on paved bike paths with some road use as well. I'm not really interested in how fast I can go. It's more about fitness. I have found that this gearing works very well for me. I live on a lake and my usual ride is pretty flat around it. The towns around me are fairly hilly but I have all the gearing I need for climbing.

Originally Posted by Cdtf
Aaaaaaaaand......

I'm close, but you are still the lightest.

I feel like your frame is better than mine.

On the 2015, I only have:

-8R Fact carbon.
-External cable routing for the rear brake.
-An internal routing for the rear deraileur, but not as good as yours.
-The headst is made of Al. Same with the dropouts and the BB shell.

There is still room for improvements; top of the line tires, Magura MT8, XTR pedals, carbon bar extensions, titan screws everywhere, german ultra high end stem and seatpost, Fibula crankset....

But this would be crazily expensive.

So;

The 2014 Sirrus have an amazing frame coming directly from the Roubaix.

The 2015 frame is probably not as good, but if you want a special flat bar road bike geometry, you have to buy a 2015, 'cause the 2014 is a regular frame with a flat bar.
I wouldn't say the 2015 frame isn't as good. I think you're forgetting a few things when comparing our bikes. I only have a single chainring on the front which also means I have only one shifter. Not that the lack of a second chainring and shifter is going to make that much of a difference but....

I am curious what the final weight is on your bike. Also, what do the wheels weigh because mine are pretty light.