View Single Post
Old 11-08-05, 10:05 PM
bhh

Bikes: '05 Merlin Cyrene, '96 Cad 3 C'Dale "the boneshaker"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
xccx, it appears you are sincere and I do apologize for lashing out at you this morning (hey, it was early BEFORE my ride). I think you'll admit that your original post did "taste" a bit like a troll but I now see that it wasn't so again, I apogize for jumping to conclusions.

I think where you will be happiest riding in the city really depends on what types of rides you are looking for. If you are looking to turn over 90% of max for an hour or do intervals, the parks are probably best during non-car hours and not during peak "tourist" times. If you want 75 mile endurance rides, head north. There are thousands of beautiful miles of road with some serious climbs. If you are on a 75 mile ride, the 15 or so to get out of town isn't such a big deal, especially when you live in one of the largest cities in the world (with all the other NON-cycling related things to experience here, don't forget that). I think the only time the west side greenway is ridable is before about 7:00 AM and even then, you have to do Fartleks to get a workout.

Last edited by bhh; 11-08-05 at 10:17 PM.