View Single Post
Old 06-04-15, 02:56 AM
jack_cyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by practical
6. Figure out your shop's identity. Is it a shop for high-end bike junkies who race time trails, criteriums, etc.? Is it a shop for the avid and recreational biker who enjoys weekend and social rides? Are you in a tourist area where rentals and beach cruiser bikes are popular? Are you near a ski area and mountain biking is the thing? Whatever it may be, you need to develop a reputation for something.
7. (Goes along with number 6) Figure out where you make money. Is your bread and butter going to be service and repairs? Selling accessories and parts? Selling bikes? Clothing? Something else? Of course you'll probably do all of those things and more, but know which retail area is your strongest area and which ones support it. Focus your store (and your store's identity) on that.Good luck.
Hi there! Thanks for giving me several pointers! Appreciate! They're very helpful.

I have a couple of follow ups though.

I'm actually planning to have a bike shop that has a little bit of everything. For instance, I'm planning to put some high-end bikes and some affordable ones as well. I'm also contemplating of selling clothing, accessories, parts, and even energy gels, among other stuff. Would that be a good idea or would it better if I focus on a particular target market/product? Thanks! Appreciate!