View Single Post
Old 06-05-15, 03:11 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Here's a better view of the sticker on the Paramount.

Here's the sticker on the RB-T I bought myself as a retirement present. Bike originally came from a local shop, Goodly. The owner, Duke, is a Vietnamese immigrant who worked at the local Schwinn dealer for years and went out on his own. He has made a go of it for the last 30 years or so. I stopped by and told him I'd bought one of his bikes but have not showed it to him yet.

This sticker from Peddler is on my Raleigh Sports L19". This bike was in perfect original condition when I found it for a neighbor about 20 years ago. I mean, this thing looked showroom! She evidently left it parked against her backyard fence all that time and she recently gave it to me to get rid of it. I Googled the street names and that intersection is evidently in Richardson TX.

This one has some history. Found this Raleigh Sports L23" at the curb in Wake Forest NC on trash day back when I worked as a sales rep. Cycles & Sports had been one of my customers but I was no longer calling on that territory. At the time it was the oldest continuously-family-operated bike shop in the U.S.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sticker SC.JPG (54.0 KB, 508 views)
sticker G.JPG (82.9 KB, 507 views)
sticker P.JPG (57.6 KB, 508 views)
sticker C&S.JPG (61.6 KB, 505 views)

Last edited by thumpism; 06-05-15 at 03:15 PM.