Thread: Tour plans :)
View Single Post
Old 06-05-15, 07:41 PM
iconicflux
Fredly

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker w/ SRAM Rival, & 36H 38's, Late 70's Santana Tandem w/ Double Diamond frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tour plans :)

I'm planning on doing a transamerica ride of sorts that starts in Virginia Beach and goes west on the usual ACA transamerica route. Then I'm thinking I'll catch the Western Express route to the connector that goes past the Grand Canyon. I'll then take Route 66 West until I get to the Sierra Cascades route. I'll then follow it up until making a cutover to get to Ocean Shores, WA. (I have family there.)

My family is planning on flying out to CO and renting an RV there so that they can tour through all the awesome parks and meet up with me every few days. (I'm hoping I can get my daughter to ride with me some of the days although that's a bit up in the air since I'm sure her legs aren't going to be anywhere near in shape as mine by that time and she'll only be about 11.)

I was wondering what people here think about the route. Whether there are changes they'd make to the route such as possibly going Route 66 first and taking the connector to the western express route instead of the other way around.

Thanks,
Kevin