View Single Post
Old 11-09-05, 08:46 AM
sherpaPeak
rider of the east

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
once, last year. its not so much that I hit the deer, but the deer hit me. I was on a single track late fall 2003. one part of the track runs parallel to a highway and a patch of woods. it was after the sunset and getting dark very rapidly. I was hurrying down to get to my car and head to the nearest coffee shop. and thats when it happened. 4/5 deer came flying from my left (from the direction of the highway) and one jumped right into my front wheel. I was not going very fast, but because of the wet condition and speed the deer were jumping, I was not able to stop in time. so the accident throw me over the handle bar and totally crashed the front wheel. I saw the deer standing up slowly and vanish in the darkness of the woods on my right. I had to walk 1 1/2 , mile with my bike on my shoulder (it was muddy and aweful).

and, last week on my way to work in the early morning. I saw at least 20 wild turkys in the trail. I stopped and they were just checking me out, like I am a disgusting invador. there were only one male turkey in the group. it was really colorful. I thought lucky bustard 1:19, and all you do is look pretty. you have no Idea how hard it is for us guys, specially smelly and sweaty mountain bikers (at least I am one).

sorry for going overboard. thanks.