lostarchitect 
incazzare.

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
Question about the rear spacing, does the SA hub match or come close to the spacing of this Decades bike ?
The hub spacing was too narrow for the drops. I removed the locknuts and replaced them with regular width Sturmey Archer nuts, that plus the anti-rotation washers made it close enough.

Originally Posted by BigChief
I love it! Beautiful! My questions are...Did you use a longer axle on the SA hub and where did you find those cool fenders?
Nope, same axle, and see above. The fenders are from Velo Orange. I believe they are around $60 new. I had these hanging around from a previous project. I think they work waaaay better on this bike.

Originally Posted by USAZorro
What size tires there?
700c x 32mm Panaracer Pasealas, on Velocity Twin Hollow rims. This is an odd rim. Rivendell was blowing them out for $25 each, so I figured I'd try them. They're single wall but have a hooked rim. They're pretty vintage-looking. Brake reach was fine with the stock brakes.

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Does the saddle emit vintage oderiferous emanations?
Yeah, just like your sister!

Last edited by lostarchitect; 06-07-15 at 08:20 AM.