View Single Post
Old 06-07-15, 06:01 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Originally Posted by DBrim
Life has been crazy busy lately with a bunch of business travel and the move last week. I finally got out for a bit around my new home (Medford) this weekend.

Saturday morning began with a ride to Assembly Square in Somerville to catch a movie. Just 5.5 miles round trip, but some good neighborhood exploring.

I worked across the river from Assembly Square about six years ago and it's crazy how much that place has changed. It used to be a strip mall with a lot of vacant lots in a not-so-great neighborhood. Now it's an upscale shopping area with it's own brand new T stop. It's a cool area though so I feel like I'll be making that ride fairly often.

Today was a longer ride, about 14 miles, with a main purpose of doing a "dry run" of the new commute. I added a bit of a loop along the Charles from the Lechmere Canal, across the Harvard Bridge, then back across on the Longfellow.

I was pretty happy with the results of the commute on the way there (other than a headwind, but nothing I can do about that). I got lost on the way back this time, but the path I stumbled onto was pretty viable. I already know that I'm going to hate riding through Powder House Square...
Powder House Square = rotating anarchy