View Single Post
Old 06-09-15, 08:51 PM
cobba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopar440ci
i dont like the standard 2 bolt that uses long bolts as in your pictures as like i mentioned they always need a ton of spacers. think my rear one has like 6 per bolt?
Adapters don't always need a ton of spacers.

seems alittle excesive to need that many for a mount made for a 160 mm rotor, just how much variation can one 160mm rotor have from another? i would think adabpter>washer>caliper>washer>bolthead would be more then suficent adjustment and would offer a much cleaner look and less parts that can shift around.
and my current front is the pictured avid post spacer as it came with avids and im getting away from them as fast as i can haha. but they have something like 8 washer per bolt......
160mm rotors don't vary.

Sounds like you have a CPS calipers, they are spaced differently to a standard caliper and need extra packing underneath them.

Never seen 8 washers per bolt, maybe you should post some photos.

on the rear however i have a 4 bolt is2p like pictured at the bottom and it still had long bolts. is there no variation that has longer arms at the " post " end for a beter fit? really seems these things would be designed better considering all of the advances in other areas of the bike.
Non CPS calipers would use bolts that are 10mm shorter as they don't require CPS washers.

Originally Posted by Mopar440ci
think ill buy a set of shimano xtr adapters to go with my shimano brakes and if i have to ill make some custom black spacers, i have some dence pvc tube in black that i use for that purpose.
Why would you need to make custom spacers, just use the proper adapters, attach the calipers to them how they were meant to be attached and stop worrying about how they look. it's not a fashion parade.

Front adapter = SM-MA-F180P/P2 or SM-MA90-F180P/P
http://si.shimano.com/php/download.p...0A-001-ENG.pdf
http://si.shimano.com/php/download.p...0A-001-ENG.pdf
* The concave/convex washers are required under the bolt head as the bolt head isn't parallel to the top of the caliper.

Rear adapter = SM-MA-R160P/S or SM-MA90-R160P/S
* 4 bolts + 4 small flat washers under the bolt heads

The MA90 adapters are the magnesium XTR adapters.

* Non Avid brakes don't use the concave/convex CPS washers underneath them.