Old 06-10-15, 08:00 AM
bovine

Bikes: Yuba Mundo 4.3, 2007 Jake the Snake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris516
So, I should go back to wearing gym shorts, getting saddle sores and chafed legs. I think not. I don't carry any weapons on me. Because, There is no need to.
Oh, no. Absolutely not. Specialized clothing is called for on long rides. I just commute about 15-20 miles a day so it's not needed in my case, and I like to be in street clothes when I stop off on the way home for groceries or a beer. I was just wondering if there is a correlation between the two. No action should be taken on the part of you or other cyclists to correct for and mitigate the idiocy of these drivers. I'm extremely sorry if I implied otherwise.

And, yeah, I've only ever used my knife to slice apples, pizza, open packaging, etc. I would never draw it on someone, primarily because I'm a pacifist but, also importantly, because I have no expertise in knife fighting and I'd likely be more of a danger to myself than the assailant. I can imagine that the placement and my size can act as a deterrent for the sort of idiots who would throw empties at passing bikes though.