Old 06-10-15, 08:33 AM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Haff
I'm still a big fan of neon, not for the fashion sense, but to improve, even if only a little, the chances that a car or truck driver will see me.

It does seem universal that bunched up shorts are the devils doing, and flapping noise can distract from the ride.
I agree on the Neon colors being used for visibility. I just got a neon green UA loose fit top at TJ Maxx. Part of my consideration was asking my wife how hideous the color was, and how far across the store she could see me. She even told me to put one top back, because it wasn't bright/hideous enough. The only bad thing was that the neon orange Asics shirt was a bit too small for me. I'll probably go back in a couple of weeks, and see if the orange one is still there, and if it fits me. My bike has orange accents on it, so I was really hoping it would fit.

And on the shorts, I think most cyclists would agree that bad shorts might keep you off your bike with chafing or your butt being too sore to ride. A shirt that is a little too large may be annoying, but it shouldn't keep you off your bike.

GH