Old 06-10-15, 08:49 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
I have a lot of pumps, I own mostly Lezyne and Topeak, and quite frankly I like them both. The Topeak Road Morph is the easiest to use of any bike mounted pump but it's a half frame pump and not a true mini and it looks ungainly. Hybrid bikes usually don't use more than 70 psi so a pump like the Topeak Mountain Blaster or the Lezyne Pressure Drive are fantastic and well built pumps, of those two I would lean towards the Lezyne because I like the hose concept and you can get it in either a small or medium size, the medium size will make pumping a tire a breeze, plus it looks nicer. Also those two pumps use a larger chamber which means you get more air into the tire per pump vs the thinner Topeak RaceRocket or the Lezyne Road Drive which means less strokes to get to 70 psi, but the thinner ones will get there too of course but take a lot more strokes.

Personally I see no need for a CO2 if your not racing. You can inflate a tire with a pump in about 1 minute without the cost of carts or disposal issues. If you use a CO2 please don't throw your empty carts on the side of the road like most CO2 users do, be responsible and take the cart home and recycle it. There isn't any reason to have two pumps when one gives you unlimited free air supply.

Lezyne does make a Pressure Drive hybrid pump that also can be used with a CO2 cart, if CO2 is your thing but want the backup of a pump this pump would allow you to carry just one item instead of a pump and an inflator. Of course you still need to carry the carts which you can put into your seat bag or the Lezyne gives you a cart strap you can attach to your seat post or along side the pump. Lezyne also makes a water bottle cage with a bracket built into the side of the cage just for that pump to fit into.

Last edited by rekmeyata; 06-10-15 at 08:58 AM.