Old 06-10-15, 11:26 AM
mountainwalker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
I would lean towards the Lezyne because I like the hose concept and you can get it in either a small or medium size, the medium size will make pumping a tire a breeze, plus it looks nicer. Also those two pumps use a larger chamber which means you get more air into the tire per pump vs the thinner Topeak RaceRocket or the Lezyne Road Drive which means less strokes to get to 70 psi, but the thinner ones will get there too of course but take a lot more strokes.

Personally I see no need for a CO2 if your not racing. You can inflate a tire with a pump in about 1 minute without the cost of carts or disposal issues. If you use a CO2 please don't throw your empty carts on the side of the road like most CO2 users do, be responsible and take the cart home and recycle it. There isn't any reason to have two pumps when one gives you unlimited free air supply.
Thanks Rekmeyata, great suggestion. I like the Lezyne Pressure Drive again for the flexible tube because I've taken out a Presta valve by accident before (and have seen others do it). It is a bit lighter and more compact than the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HPG, but no gauge.

I agree - I no longer see a need for CO2 with a large enough volume pump. And when I used them in the past I always took them back for recycling. Drives me crazy when people litter whether on the street or in the wild.

Any suggestions for a good, inexpensive light gauge. Just want to avoid overinflation. The tires on the Specialized Sirrus or Trek FX 7.2 I'll pick up I'm guessing go to 85 PSI, and for street riding I'd probably keep them at the max inflation but of course wouldn't want to go over.