Old 06-10-15, 12:00 PM
SBUndefeated201

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
One note: The narrow bars *will* feel weird the first few sessions. Understand and expect this. Don't use this as an excuse to not use them. You'll get comfortable with them after maybe 2 or 3 sessions (training and/or racing). That's when the real evaluation will happen.

I've made the mistake of saying, "This feels weird, so it's not good." and going back to wider bars. It took several periods of going back and forth (also selling and re-buying the same bars over and over) for me to settle on narrow bars.

Now, 37cm are my "wide" bars and I own a set of 34cm Nitto. I wish that I had kept my Alpina 33cm (I bought and sold them TWICE!...like an idiot). I bought 37cm Scattos twice. At least the first set I bought were used in the Paralympics to earn a medal (Jenn Schuble used them).
I believe you are a sprinter so narrow bars are understandable. Do endurance riders seem to mind the narrow bars? I noticed almost everyone in the Revolution Points/Scratch races were using road bars except Ed Clancy. Preference?