View Single Post
Old 11-09-05, 01:28 PM
sydney

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by biker7
I am a big fan of Bianchis for their cost to performance ratio. Great bikes for recreational and even amateur racers like yourself that won't break the bank. I took a look at that link as I too ride a 61 c-t-t Bianchi albeit in steel. I wouldn't touch that bike. Mostly because the 92% feedback rating of the seller. A good rule of thumb on ebay? Don't buy from anybody with a rating lower than 98%...don't take the risk. Some are even more discriminating. My guess is that bike has been raced and gone big miles...just a guess. The steerer has been cut down flush to the top of the head tube. This may or may not suit your needs being 6'4" as you will have a pretty high saddle position. The EV3 is a hellofva race bike for a reasonable amount of money....but I would look elsewhere for one. As to getting a couple of seasons out of it because of cracking etc....believe that is baloney. You should be able to get multiple seasons out of it provided you don't crash it. That frame is not made to tour but designed to take the rigors of racing and Bianchi stands by their product with an excellent warranty.
Good Luck,
George
What good is a guess? It just stinks.Do you have a hat to cover it up with... No warranty on used stuff...sorry