View Single Post
Old 06-11-15, 01:14 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by grolby
I know it's ridiculous, but if I'm looking at the right website, it's not confidence-inspiring. You say these are Reynolds rims? How's that?

(This is the website I found: RaceRim, Quality Carbon Clinchers Wheels, Triathlon, Road, TT)
Ha ... yeah the website isn't best (really far from it) and like you said, not confidence-inspiring. They're local to me, a team sponsor, and as a result I've had great experiences directly working with the owner (it's one guy). He gets the rims direct from Reynolds and builds them under his name. He's quite involved with a lot of the local teams and I assume he does most of his business direct as opposed to online (I could be wrong on that though).

With that, I've got the wheels. Most everyone on our team has some variation of his wheels and we have a few pairs of "team wheels" that we bounce around; we all like them. The rims carry the Reynolds logo (underneath where the rim tape would go, not sure what that's called), and I trust the guy. Beyond that, not sure how to convince anyone that he's legit.

Last edited by hack; 06-11-15 at 01:21 PM.