View Single Post
Old 06-15-15, 09:59 AM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Tell me again why I love home ownership. Went to put my pants on this A.M. and couldn't help but notice that they were wet. I know it wasn't me as they were dry when I threw them atop of the chest when I went to bed. The cat can't jump that high any more so I knew it wasn't him. That left only one possible explanation so I looked up and saw where I had a leak. D-----!

This required a trip into the attic where the bats have left a layer of guano over the years, and a look around to find the source. This done I got in touch with my neighbor who is a construction guy and he will go up and do the repair as its an air vent issue. Problem solved until the next time.

This brings to mind a question that perhaps someone would like to address. I'm 65 and figure I've got say 10-20 years left of being able to stay in my own home. How much money do I put into this house? I mean above and beyond needed maintenance. Once I die or get moved to a home for old bikers I won't care about the house any more and the only ones benefitting will be the charities I have chosen to receive what's left of my paltry estate. I mean I could spend some money and make it a really nice house. Why?

Which question brings to mind another. Who would have guessed when I was in my 20's and enjoying my youth, that this type of question would ever cross my mind?