Old 06-16-15, 11:11 AM
Corben

Bikes: 2014 Dawes Lightning 1000.1990 Schwinn Voyuager. 1997 specialized Crossroads Hybrid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey! Did I see you touring on 101 last week?

Went camping in my trailer to jedimiah smith redwood state park last week . I did bring along my old voyageur to ride amongst those mighty giant redwoods. That was awesome!
There's a day use area at one end of the park that has camping spots for hikers and cyclist. Site B and E are the best of the five spots and also offered some interesting reading inside the bear boxes left there by camping cyclist. I'll post some pics later.
So a few days later my wife and I pack up to camp near Garbervillen on 101. and on the way it seemed that there was lone cyclist packed to the hilt making his or her way riding along the highway every mile or so. Sometimes I'd see a pair but most were alone it seems. How envious I was. My wife says I'm too old but I point out that most of these cyclist we're seeing here are older then me. I'm just gonna have to do it with or without her blessings.
I figure I'll start from the bay area and work my way up 101 and switch over to 199 at crescent city. From there I'll head east to jedimiah smiths state park and park it there at Site B for a day or two. And I'll leave my own message in the bear box.
One day.