Old 06-16-15, 11:31 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 2,493 Times in 1,464 Posts
I seem to be snake bit. Besides some miscellaneous health problems that appear to be in the rear view mirror, Sunday, I ruptured my plantaris muscle at the track. The injury was nothing glorious on the bike but in my street shoes walking down the track returning from the restroom between efforts. The estimated recovery is 6 weeks.

The injury is sometimes called tennis knee. It typically happens during a quick stop or stepping off of a curb. Mine was walking down the track on the banking i.e. like stepping off of a curb. There was a pop and pain. It is not an old guy thing but can happen to anyone any age.

Sunday and Monday, I iced and rested the leg and went to the doc. He diagnosed the plantaris rupture and said the more I rest it, the faster it will heal. He gave me a PT prescription and said the ultrasound can help with the pain but probably will not increase recovery time.

It seems better today as I am writing this. I can walk normally but not very fast but I cannot generate any force with my left leg. It likes to be straight.