Old 06-17-15, 10:31 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
The only Wahoo sensor that doesn't use magnets is the cadence-only sensor.

If people need/want to buy a sensor, they should look closely at the ANT+/BT ones!

The plastic case for the Wahoo speed/cadence sensor is the same as the same as the Bontrager sensor. I suspect they are manufactured by one company. (I've had good luck with the Bontrager sensor.)

It's easier to have the units transmit both at the same time (fewer buttons/configuring issues for a sensor/transmitter that is supposed to be a simple to use as possible). The only downside is (possibly) shorter battery life.
Agree. I don't think there is an issue with battery life. But for sure, it's a lot more flexible to be able to have a sensor that works with any available standard. That said, check first with the mfg about the standard and the computer you have. There can be issues with rev levels etc...

I know that Wahoo is using the Nordic Semiconductor part. It's configurable and while it has the hardware including antennas to transmit, how it does that and to precisely what standard is going to be part of the software that each particular company loads the sensor with. I know the Nordic part is configurable over wireless for software upgrades and can be done via a utility from the android or apple app store.

J.