Old 06-19-15, 11:42 AM
KingShakes

Bikes: Parlee Z5i

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess that's my cue since I went to Indiana. Sadly, I didn't participate in Little 500. Really not that sad about it, was more interested in partying as much as possible while still doing well in school. When I got into the real world, I struggled to find a hobby to keep me driven to workout, since I had always trained for football and was tired of going to the gym just for the sake of it (although that's what I did, just a gym rat). 4 years ago I bought a road bike and started riding around with friends some, gradually doing more and more and started pushing the boundaries beyond what my friends wanted to. Last year, I started group riding with a shop finally and did a few races. Didn't get whipped but certainly wasn't near the podium. Did a more structured offseason program this year and made it to the podium in my 10th and final race as a Category 5. On we go. Now I am 170 pounds or less with some lingering muscle but nothing like my 185-190 lbs gym rat days. My only regret is I would have started riding right after college.