Old 06-21-15, 01:46 AM
Judi

Bikes: Electra Townie 7D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheManShow
One of the best cheap remedies for diaper rash in the day when I worked in the medical field was corn starch in an old baby powder bottle.

The onwe thing about kids in diapers no matter how fast you change em, they seem to get diaper rash. Corn Starch was a cheap remedy to make rashes disapear.
I remember using corn starch on diaper rashes, but when I tried that as an adult, it seemed to feed the fungus, and a little rash turned into a huge rash. The medicated powders without cornstarch work pretty well for preventing the rash though. You can also get a powder with nystatin, but you need a prescription for that one and it doesn't seem to work any better than Gold Bond.

Another thing that helps is to make sure that the area gets dried out once a day...use a hair dryer on the cool setting (but maybe don't tell your wife you're using her hair dryer for that purpose ) or point a fan at the bed and lay there until all those warm, moist areas are thoroughly dry.

Also, buy a bottle of Hibiclens soap and wash the problem area with it every time you shower. You may have to dilute it so it doesn't cause irritation.