View Single Post
Old 06-21-15, 08:06 PM
joe englert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanks very much. No, no frame damage under that masi decal on the top tube as far as I can tell. I'm thinking that the re paint had to be pretty old as the paint and decals look worn...maybe done in the early 80's even. That is funny that the person that repainted it, didn't know the correct placement of the signature decal...don't think either Joe Bell or cycle art would have done something like that. I think I will keep it like it is and not get it repainted, even though, there are some pretty good painters around here in California for sure. Just out of curiosity however...IF I did decide to get a repaint, who would be the best for the money? Ed Litton maybe? or send it to cycle art since Cunningham is the guy that might have been the original painter of this bike back in the seventies. Joe Bell is a bit out of my league as far as money goes.
Originally Posted by repechage
Well that was interesting, my post just evaporated.

Nice purchase as always Joe.
Probable repaint.
Red accents, signature on the wrong side for the time, no chainstay transfers, odd placement of Masi behind the lower head lug, color looks a bit off in terms of depth, this blue appears better than the factory darker blue that was a bit dead.
I hope that curious Masi transfer it's not hiding frame damage.
Knowing what we know of Joe, it probably can get a proper respray and still be a wise purchase.