View Single Post
Old 06-22-15, 03:40 PM
bareyb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InTheRain
I've been happy with my "too expensive" "software limited" bike. The kit was installed. It worked perfectly. I didn't have to call anyone. I didn't have leave it at the shop for several weeks. I didn't have to buy additional parts. I didn't have to have anything reprogrammed. I paid the money and rode away. I think that's how it's supposed to work with quality products. Apple products are overpriced and limited... and Apple is the highest valued company in the world. Sure you can find other things that work... but, you don't have to make a judgment on whether BionX or Apple products "seem to be" high quality and well engineered... it's already been proven.
My point was never about the quality. My point was that you CAN'T buy a Bionx kit that isn't software limited to 20 mph. The 20 mph may be okay, but the way it lurches on and off and on and off when you reach that threshold is annoying. Personally I could never have an e-bike that would only go 20 mph. I can ride faster than with no motor. So it wouldn't be a good fit for me. I'm glad you like yours though. I hear a lot good things about BionX. It's just too bad they don't offer an unrestricted off road version. I probably would have bought one.