View Single Post
Old 06-23-15, 12:06 PM
tjspiel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
But the OP and your post and this thread indicate that there are still those posters who are roadies talking about how they ride and like to think of themselves as being something special because of their bicycling equipment; ya know -"the rest of us."

Thanks for thinking about me.

BTW, it doesn't take "luck" to have a have a more dedicated commuter bike, or a bike with full fenders, or any other type of desired bicycling equipment.
Seriously, what implies that anyone thinks of themselves as something special? The phrase "the rest of us"?

Taken at face value, and I'm not sure why you'd take it any other way, it simply means that some of us commute on bikes other than the stereotypical commuter bike.

What do you mean by "roadie"? Is that anyone who ever rides a road bike? Track bikes included? Someone who races road bikes? Are you only a roadie if you're riding a road bike at the time? Or perhaps it's a state of mind and it doesn't matter what you ride?

To be honest, I do take a little pride in commuting by bike. Should I not? It's not always the easy choice but I do it anyway for my health and environmental concerns.

When I was actively competing in triathlons, I was also proud of what I was able to do and the level of fitness I achieved, though I wish I were a lot better than I was. I'm sure my choice of commuting bikes are influenced by my recreational cycling activities (past and present). So what? It's what I like. It may or may not be different in 10 years.

Last edited by tjspiel; 06-23-15 at 12:39 PM.