I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,586 Times in 1,071 Posts
Originally Posted by spare_wheel
You fit in fine because there are dozens of threads singing praises of this style of bike without a single critical comment (the surly cc thread is one massive example). Meanwhile, a single thread singing the praises of lighter bikes attracts a motherload of butthurt from people who simply cannot accept that some commuters prefer sporty rides.
I don't think anybody, including myself, find fault with anybody's preference for this or that kind of bicycle equipment. The issue here is that the OP did not sing praise for the kind of bike equipment he likes but rather chose to start off by establishing his (and the rest of us) bona fides by spouting derision at those who use equipment different than that he and "the rest of us" do not prefer; i.e. his desire to establish the special status of "The commuters who don't run fenders or racks, no panniers, no Dynamo hubs, no milk crates bungeed onto a DIY fender made from recycled milk jugs, no high viz green safety vests, no internally geared hubs, etc."