View Single Post
Old 06-24-15, 10:13 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Well a Stages Power meter retails for $700...no doubt you can find it for less. But to not use your existing Power Meter because you have the wrong Wheel Mfg Adapters just seems silly to me when $25 gets you back on the road. $25 adapters versus $700 Stages Power Meter.
Good luck
I already have a Stages power meter. So selling that one and using the money to buy the Cannondale one won't cost me much. Not to mention I could get my preferred length of 172.5 this way too. And not mess with adapters, and it's lighter, stiffer, compact bcd, blah blah

Originally Posted by lwrncc
Hi,

I have not read all the replies, tldr. But maybe I can help.

I work in a shop that sells cdales, and I have an EVO with a wheelsmfg adpater running a gxp crank.

Firstly, make sure you have the right adapter, there is pf30 and bb30. EVO uses pf30, which is the press in plastic/alu cup. bb30 bearings press direct in the the frame's alloy shell with circlips to hold them in place.

Next, the stock wheelsmfg adapter requires the use of flat spacers to take up the slack, but these are no good, they don't hold bearing preload good enough.

They can be too tight, like your case in the first post.

Or too loose, causing creaks.

This is why most pressfit systems rely on a wavy washer to provide correct bearing preload.

So what I did on my bike is to use all the adapter without any slim washers, and take up the slack with a 24mm wavy washer on the drive side. This has worked well for me. I place it on the drive side to get the Q factor even.

You can buy this 24mm washer from a SRAM dealer, as this is the washer used for pressfit gxp.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info.
Re: the item in BOLD: The new EVOs use BB30, they don't have an alloy shell and this is the problem, it's a different design. There is no slack to take up with the adapter, it's either too loose or too tight, there's no in between.

Last edited by shoota; 06-24-15 at 10:53 AM.