Old 06-24-15, 10:55 PM
SkyDog75

Bikes: Bianchi San Mateo and a few others

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by KingCat
I live in a state that has no sales tax. We do just fine up here. Some how we find a way to pay for schools, highways, parks, police, fire department, health care and so on.
Each state has to collect taxes to pay its bills, so its residents and businesses are getting taxed somehow. If your state government isn't reaching into your pocket for sales tax, it's just digging extra deep into another for a different source of money like income tax or property tax. For example, Oregon has no sales tax, but high income taxes while Washington is the exact opposite. Washington doesn't collect income tax, choosing to rely heavily on sales taxes instead.

Originally Posted by KingCat
The people on here saying they like to pay high sales tax are idiots (liberals)
I'd say let's not get into a political debate, but name-calling isn't debate.

And as much as I'd probably enjoy an actual civil debate with facts and figures as opposed to sound bites from biased sources, this isn't the forum for it. Let's keep it to bikes. We're probably more likely to find common ground on that subject.

Originally Posted by TheManShow
Originally Posted by TheManShow
Apprently Florida adds sales tax to both in state, and out of state transactions.
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
Well, that's how your state raises revenue in the absence of an income tax.
Bingo you got the mystery solved of how the Sate of Florida avoids the personal state income tax thing.
The only mystery is why the shop was trying to charge you sales tax. It seems to be a mistake on their part. The state of Florida does not require collection of sales tax on orders placed from out-of-state shipped to out-of-state addresses.

Last edited by SkyDog75; 06-24-15 at 11:10 PM.