Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by TallTourist
Machka: I'd be looking to work as a "Routier" or long-haul trucker in Europe, typically those jobs are easy to get worldwide because nobody wants to do it. If you have experience (and I do) I know companies in North America import people from all over the world and usually those imports get sick of things here and go back home to welcoming arms, so to speak. So with that in mind, do you think being over 30 precludes work in the transport industry too? Probably just talking out of my derriere anyway, moving to France to work 60 hour weeks kind of defeats the purpose of moving to France
Being under 30 will allow you to live and work in other countries on a working holiday visa. It's fairly easy to get.

However, if you're over 30, there are usually two ways to be able to work in another country:

1) Have a desired skill + be sponsored/have a job lined up before you go.

2) Be married to a local of that country and be in a financial position where your partner can support you for 6 months to 2 years.

If you're over 30 and want to work in France, you will have to do some planning. You'll have to look up the France immigration website and start researching what is required.

Rowan and I have looked it up a time or two, and we're simply not qualified at this time. We don't have enough education/skills ... despite the fact that I have a Bachelor of Education and can teach in both Canada and Australia.

You can't just walk into another country and start working.