Old 06-25-15, 06:42 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
I'm definitely noticing that I sweat FAR more in the mornings when it's 70's and 80%+ humid, vs. in the afternoon in the 90's with 50% humidity.
My understanding is you sweat about the same for both, but when it is humid, it cannot evaporate from your skin as much, so you stay wetter. When the humidity is down, the sweat evaporates. I also think the sweat evaporates more easily when you're moving. I sweat more (i.e., get wetter) after I stop.

Originally Posted by Torker
Such a beautiful afternoon I decided to extend my commute home. A skunk ran out of trees into my front wheel and sprayed my legs in the process. I've spent the whole evening trying to get the smell off my legs, bike and shoes.
That stinks.

Ride home yesterday was hot. These hot afternoon rides start off really bad and difficult to get a good deep breath. But then once I get away from the traffic and rolling at a decent speed it gets better.

Less humid for the ride in this morning: 76F and 72%. I woke up feeling a bit queasy at the stomach. A few bathroom visits and some rest helped. I took it slow coming in and felt okay, but still being careful with what and how much I eat.