LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12778 Post(s)
Liked 7,695 Times in 4,084 Posts
Originally Posted by cale
I too have lived in both. Theoretically, the income tax is the fairer of the two because it generate funding based on one's ability to contribute. Sales tax just washes over everyone and typically hits the low income resident the hardest. But the same can be said of sin taxes.

The OP's post has the typical victim spin. If you think you're getting a great deal, then great. But expressing your disappointment about have determined that your state will collect sales tax, or another will do so because of a reciprocity agreement, is just another case of sour grapes. I feel for you but taxes have to be collected.
For me the sales tax is almost a tax by choice. I can pay very close to no sales tax if I just buy grocery food items.

Yeah, a lot of people ignore the tax laws here. I'm right on the border to Oregon, so a lot of people drive across the river to get their big-screen TVs, outdoor kitchens and whatnot, yet never pay the use taxes to the State of Washington as they are required to.

There was a Best Buy about 5 miles north of the river but it didn't last long. How could it have when there was a NW Video Only and a Circuit City right on the river. I think CompUSA was still there back then, too. Ain't nobody gonna spend an extra 8.4% on their TVs and Washer/Dryer sets.