View Single Post
Old 06-28-15, 07:06 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Burlingame as well.

E3, 16th of 50 or so. Brutal race and hard from the whistle. Technical course and a lot of guys seemed to leave their bike handling skills at home today. I saw one guy crash solo at least twice and maybe even a third time. I was in there to help a teammate, but he didn't need me and our other teammate popped off early. I just tried to sit in with the front group knowing I was doing the 35+ 3/4 race immediately after. Even working as minimally as possibly was causing pain. Stuck it out and started moving into better position with 5 to go. A crash in the 180 with 3 to go derailed that effort and I rolled in with the field. Teammate got 2nd which was awesome.

35+ 3/4. DNF. Got crashed out on the last lap. No damage and was able to unclip and land on my feet before hitting the deck. Took it easy in this one and slowly made way up the field getting into a great spot with a couple to go. So much easier to move up in this race than the 3s race. With one to go a guy tried to dive the first turn, got pinched, made contact with the guy next to him and it all fell apart from there. He went with the stiff locked out arm approach, wobbled hard and took himself and the other guy out. I went between them but got clipped by another guy that was a victim of the lateral domino effect. I was pissed, legs felt great, positioned well, and plop...here's a big turd.

All in all ... Handling skills were mia. Tons of hard braking into turns, sketchtastic lines into the 180, guys diving, guys sprinting around you before turns just to hit the brakes.