Old 06-29-15, 01:43 PM
Icemonk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger, now I need suggestions for pedals

Whats up Bike Forums,

So after doing a ton of research (a lot of it on this forum!) I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new Cannondale CAAD10 with 105 groupset. I hesitated a lot between the CAAD10 and the Allez but finally decided on the Cannondale since I liked the shop better and they made me feel super welcome and took care of me really well. I also bought a saddlebag with everything I need to change a flat tire. I'm going in for the fitting on Thursday afternoon.

The bike comes with the standard pedals and I've been reading a lot about road bikes with mountain bike shoes and pedals and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

I know literally nothing about pedals and have never even tried clips but people around these parts seem to love em so I figured I should get some Ideally I would like to keep the costs to a minimum as the bike itself was way more than the 900-1000 (Canadian dollars that is) that I had initially set (and had the wife agree on :O ).

Should I buy online? Is it much cheaper? Is it complicated if I know nothing about pedals? Will all MTB pedals fit with all shoe models?

So many questions! Thanks for the help and can't wait to start riding!