View Single Post
Old 06-29-15, 09:23 PM
ZippyThePinhead
Slacker

Bikes: 1986 Peugeot Orient Express, 1987 Trek 560 Pro, 1983 SR Semi Pro, 2010 Motobecane Le Champion Titanium, 2011 Trek Fuel EX8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I'd be willing to wager that a fairly small proportion of BD customers actually make warranty claims.

Regarding apparent online animosity toward BD, keep in mind that "volunteer samples" tend to include a much higher proportion of individuals with something negative to share, whether legitimate or not. You just don't read much from folks like myself, who own a BD bike that gets ridden a reasonable amount, yet have experienced no warranty-claim-type problems. No one has any reason to post such as that, even on a slow news day. And I can't recall reading some post or thread-- here or elsewhere-- about a BD bike that had some kind of warranty-covered problem, where BD unjustly told the customer, perhaps not in so many words, to go pound sand. They may be out there-- feel free to correct me-- but I don't think BD is selling anything that is significantly better quality or worse quality than what you get from other mainstream brands (Trek, Specialized, Giant, et al.) sold through brick & mortar channels.

Some people are more comfortable buying something like a bicycle via traditional retail distribution channels, and you can't expect such folks to get on a forum like this and write positive things about a retailer that sells directly.