Old 06-30-15, 05:12 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,933 Times in 2,558 Posts
Originally Posted by PeregrineA1
1975 Eisentraut Limited. One of two, the other being in need of tender loving care.

1991 Ed Litton. Currently the primary rider.
I met Ed Litton in the waning days of Eisentraut, 1973 after I crashed my Peter Mooney and needed someone I trusted to straighten the fork. Called the shop, talked to Ed, watched him straighten the fork like a pro. I ordered a new one form Peter. unpainted. Took the fork and frame to Ed's new shop in Richmond the next year. He stripped and painted the frame with a beautiful and perfect Imron job, the likes of which I will never see again. (That stuff was heaven and hell in a can. Heaven - the durable, deep finish you could get that, beat up as it is will look better in 15 years than any paint job I replace it with, and hell - an ecological disaster and incredibly harmful to anyone coming contact with it.)

So, while Ed has never built me anything, he is one of my favorite builders. Down to earth, his word is good, his work is excellent. I used to look forward every year to the Alpenrose Velodrom Challenge because a fellow who raced the San Hose Hellyer velodrome came up each year with his Litton. And I get to see him every so often at trade shows.

Ben