Old 06-30-15, 06:10 PM
telebianchi

Bikes: 2014/17 Trek Domane 5.2, 2003 Fuji Cross, 2019 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5 Plus, 2012 Raleigh XXIX single-speed, 2017 Access Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

The Bontrager Race has 24 spokes on the rear and no rider weight limit (Race TLR - | Bontrager). I'm no lightweight but, as tedder has listed out, I am still within spec/recommendations for a lot of typical road wheels. If I were to build some wheels up from parts I'd probably go for 28 spokes but even that would be based on input and recommendations from the builder.

Regardless, the wheel is getting replaced under warranty. Less than two years since I bought the bike so it was covered. No questions asked.

Even better, the shop has lent me a wheel to use over the holiday weekend. They had a set of new Bontrager Race Lites set up tubeless they had gotten from Trek to use as demos. So they switched my cassette onto that rear wheel and I rolled the bike out the door. No charge for the loaner (I did tip the guys in the back that did the switch). So kudos to Spokes, etc. in Vienna VA!