Old 07-01-15, 07:49 AM
MrKris

Bikes: 1996 Trek 820, GMC Denali Road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GovernorSilver
Congratulations! I also commuted to work on bike (and back!) for the first time today. A colleague was kind enough to meet me on the trail and show me his preferred routes to and from the office, including an alternate route that I could try going home. The difference in our abilities, conditioning and confidence as cyclists is significant, but I learned a lot. There are things he likes to do that I don't see myself emulating for quite a while but overall it was a good day and i'm glad to have made it home alive.

I'll probably do this 1-2 times a week myself.

BTW on another forum, bike commuting was jokingly referred to as the true extreme cycling sport - never mind that Tour De France, time trial stuff, whatever - if you return home alive and unhurt you win, otherwise you lose! .
Congrats on joining the club also. I rode in today and it was a bit cooler. I did have a car get a little close in the section with no bike lane. I guess it was too much trouble to move over into the other lane going in the same direction. But, it's all part of it and definitely won't be the last time.

Sadly, this is my last day that I'll be able to ride to work this week. But all of my stuff should be here today and I'll be all set for my ride on Monday.