Old 07-01-15, 05:28 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
I wouldn't call having to wait 3+ months for an update, "shortly"

...I'd call it having to wait a full business quarter for the feature to be pushed...and then another 3-6 months of after-the-fact patches to make it actually work well enough to want to use.
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
The lead?

They're on the verge of being made utterly irrelevant and in the dust been of history by smartphone apps. Garmin is a short while away from going the way of Blackberry, AOL, Myspace, RadioShack and others.
Slightly disgruntled, eh? For what it's worth, as an 810 owner, I feel your pain. With the latest firmware update, my 810 seems to be working fairly well. Turn by turn is working correctly, which is the first time since I bought the thing nearly two years ago. Of course, auto upload stopped functioning about two firmware updates ago, but I've learned to live with it.

Still, as angry as I get with my Garmin, I still prefer it to phone apps for several reasons...and the Apple watch is a POS.

Originally Posted by TheCannon
Nice! I just bought an Edge 510 though However I read the review and the comparison to other models, I don't think upgrading to the 520 from the 510 is more beneficial. Unless you want crapy maps and to have phone notifications pushed to your Garmin. I don't want phone distractions while I ride. Also since the rumor is most of the new features will be available for previous models I think keeping my new 510 is a smart choice. Thoughts?
Personally, I think the 510 is the best option out there right now, however, I don't have experience with the 520, nor the 1000. I've used both the 510 and 810 and wish I still had my 510.