View Single Post
Old 07-03-15, 12:19 AM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts
Such a decision is quite fresh for me, I went in to my LBS looking at the differences between the Sirrus and the Crosstrail, for the same money the Crosstrail had better componentry and higher grade aluminum alloy for the frame. So it was the crosstrail that won that battle. Then...several months later, still riding my 2013 Crosstrail Sport Disc, ColdCase sprung his brand new Comp Disc upon us and, knowing I wasn't that happy with my Sport Disc, I went back to the LBS to take a look at the Comp Disc only to see it displayed beside the Expert Disc. Hmmm, asked the guys in the shop about which was the better deal and they all said the Comp was a better bang for the buck, with the biggest difference between them being the brake set and front shifters. But they said I could upgrade those down the road for less than the price differential between the Comp and the Expert, so I bought the Comp and so far I'm a very happy camper, I did get a new saddle for it, an Avatar Comp that is a decidedly nicer one than what I've been using for the past while. Have to admit though, just the paint and graphics almost made me go for the Expert, those touches of red on graphite as opposed to black on black do, in my opinion, look nicer...

Cheers guys, enjoy your rides!