sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
I had my pre-purchase fitting for the TT bike today. It was awesome, I 100% love my fitter. The fitting was supposed to be an hour, we were there almost 3 hours, just get him talking aero and you will be there awhile, aero is his thing. Totally fine by me.

We talked bikes and wheels and helmets and skinsuits and of course general cycling chit chat. I'll get my shopping list next week, but so far I know the Trek Speed Concept, Felt DA1 and Cervelo P2 or P3 will work for me. Very likely the BMC Time Machine too. The P2 will be my cheapest option, but I have a lead on a DA1 at a nice price. And I am very partial to the orange Speed Concept, that's a good looking bike.

He was saying though that by far the most important thing is position on the bike, way more important than the bike itself. He has to cajole most people into a decent position but I volunteered for a good position pretty early in the process. He was happy, I was happy, it was a good day.
Wow! It WAS a good day, Heathie!! You've got a knowledgeable person there in your fitter. Our coach says quite the same things. I just wish I had the time to be able to go to Reno and get a proper fit on my TT bike from him. I'd probably be able to shave even more time from my ITT's.

If I had my druthers, I'd like to have a Felt DA. However, I know I wouldn't be any faster on it than I am on my B16. It's just about it's looks, as you said about the Speed Concept. Whatever you end up with, you'll fly on it. I know you!