Old 07-04-15, 12:08 PM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
I am think straight up...that this may be a high rake indeed from the looks of it. I am going to consult my Bianchi guide and find the right and correct original fork rake and go from there. And from my prior experience, that quick front end is squirrely as hell.

Back in the 90s, a Giant rep gave me a Giant team frameset that was Time Trial specific to use. He was tired of seeing celeste in my stable even though my Bianchi rep really set me up well with framesets and some parts for free, and Cannondale even gave me a frame once as well. They all wanted me riding their equipment. So I reserved the C-dale for crits so I didn't care if I wrecked it because I despised the rough and harsh ride...it was a 2.8 series. And I gave the Giant a try. It was a true TT bike from the team and Wow...it was bad. I hated it so bad, I let another racer friend give it a go...same response. We were amazed that anyone could keep that thing under control and straight.

So yea...i will try and get some numbers. Bianchigirll...good eye after I mentioned it too. I didn't think about it either until I started looking it over. Wrong fork indeed!